The regional passport office has decided to continue opening all the Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) on Saturday. This is an effort to come up with the hasty processing of Police Clearance Certificates (PCCs).
This decision is made while keeping in view the employment and educational opportunities abroad. The applicants require quick processing of police verification procedure to join office or university quickly abroad.
It is mandatory to show this verification proof, even if you are a valid passport holder. This certificate is often required when you want to temporarily move to another country. The reason for migration can be education, research, employment, work, or others.
The procedure to get it will be as it was before followed. You can get the best knowledge for PCC here also in the next section. It can help you recall (or if you are new) and determine how can you apply with the Passport Seva Kendra.
Online Process of How to Apply for PCC from PSK
Police verification is a must when you apply for your passport. Only verified people can go off the country. In India, Passport Seva Kendra or PSK is authorized to issue this proof. But originally, the police verified it. You may apply from there. Within a fortnight, the police officer will visit your home to examine your true identity, citizenship, and address.
Let’s get through the online process of how you can apply for PCC online.
- It starts with registration. You have to get registered with the Passport Seva Online portal.
- Visit this website: https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
- Here, click the “Register Now” link given on the home page.
- Once registered, log in with credentials.
- Browse and click “Apply for Police Clearance Certificate”, a hyperlink.
- There will be an e-Form, which you have to download.
- Fill in the required details in the application form of PCC. Once filled in, click the “validate and save” button to submit it online. This action will provide you with an XML file that would be uploaded later.
- Now, the payment option will appear. Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link. You have to pay online because it is mandatory now. Then only, it will redirect you to schedule an appointment with PSK/ POPSK/ PO.
- Once the payment is done, a new option will appear. It is “Print Application Receipt”. Just click the link and the receipt will emerge. Save it because it carries a reference number (ARN)/ appointment number.
- As you receive the receipt, an SMS with your appointment details is sent. You may show it as proof of appointment during the scheduled visit to the PSK.
- On the due date, you have to visit the PSK/ Regional Passport Office (RPO) while carrying all original proofs of your identity, address, and date of birth.
* The option to download the form is given on the link “Download e-form”. It’s on the Home page where you can select & download it.
*Online payment is a must to pay through any of these modes-credit/debit cards, internet banking (state bank of India) or associate banks, and SBI Challan.
Physical Police Verification
Once all formalities regarding the application are over, a police officer visits your home. This is how the physical examination takes place. The officer will inform you a day prior to the visit. So, you should be ready with your Aadhar Card/ Voter ID Card/ Bank Passbook/ Licence.
Here, take into account that the officer also requires two witnesses who know that you have been living at the current address. They may be any two from your relatives, blood relations, friends, or neighbours. Ensure that they have their own identity proofs.
Remember, the police won’t seek any money or payment for this verification. They would deliver the passport while verifying the applicant for PCC finally.
Is There Any Provision to Get it Quickly?
However, it’s always good to apply a few months prior. But, if you have any medical condition or emergency, you may apply for the certificate in the preapproved categories. For this purpose, you don’t need to schedule an appointment prior. This service is provided at the discretion of the PSK in-charge/ passport officer.
Is There Any Certificate Required for Minors?
It’s compulsory to have a passport for minor applicants. Children under 4 years of age are considered minors. For them, just recent passport-size photographs with white backgrounds are required. They should be of this dimension- 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm.
What If the Applicant Does Not Reach PSK on the Due Date?
This is a rare case. But if so happens, the process of resubmission should have opted in.
But, this is the case for the applicants who fail to reach there within 90 days from the date of online form submission.
What About the Validity?
However, there is no such date or day fixed that defines the validity period. Unlike the Philippines where you have to get it reviewed or renewed in a year, you can have it once for a lifetime.
The government has announced that the PSK or Passport Seva Kendra in India will continue to open on Saturday also. This is in view of applicants’ requirements who have applied for courses and employment abroad. They may get the best knowledge of PCC from the helpdesk or NRI consultants about it.